As we approach our four-year anniversary, we are so thankful for the many friends of Nozomi who have encouraged and helped us get this far. Thank you! Part of our organization's guiding principle is that of modeling generosity.***
Our Nozomi team has wanted to do what we can to help those in other parts of Japan who are suffering from national disasters. We have created a Nozomi Disaster Relief Fund for this purpose. Thank you to the many who have purchased from our Kumamoto Collection, of which 50% of the proceeds are going to bring much-needed financial assistance to the earthquake victims in southern Japan. We are excited to announce that so far we have $1500 to donate to Kumamoto Disaster relief. Thank you!
We are also providing some financial assistance to those who recently suffered tremendous damage from a typhoon in Iwate Prefecture (just north of us).
We will be giving $15 from the purchase of each of our special 2016 Anniversary Necklaces to the Disaster Relief Fund as another way of joining with you in practicing generosity.
In addition, some of the organizations we have contributed to the past four years include:
- Megumi Project (our sister organization)
- the Rock (a sports center in Ishinomaki being administered by Be One)
- Fukushima Hope Project (camp in Fukushima for children affected by nuclear disaster)
- SumiShou Mama San’s (a local group of moms who visited elementary schools and produced plays, read stories, etc. to help local children dealing with trauma)
- Providing blossoming trees for a local elementary school.
National & Overseas Projects:
- Zoe International: organization based in Thailand that rescues children and orphans from human trafficking,
- Starfish Project: a social enterprise in China in which women rescued from human trafficking are making jewelry.
- Partners in Hope/Malawi: (a hospital working with AIDS patients)
- H2H Philippines (organization helping with reconstruction after typhoon)
- ELWA Hospital (Liberia, Africa, helping with Ebola patients and other needs)
- Nepal Family Rebuilding Packages/Asian Access
- Nakajima Hospice (Tokyo, Japan)
- Juntendo Cancer Clinics (Tokyo, Japan)
THANK YOU for helping us to give hope around the world these past four years!
***This is a portion of our Nozomi Project guiding principles:
All of the profits that are made through Nozomi will go to support the Nozomi women staff, local people and projects of Tohoku and/or reinvested back into the organization. We also give some of our profits to organizations and/or individuals who are making a difference in bringing about hope and transformation to their communities. The Be One North American staff does not receive any money from the profits of the Nozomi Project.
Leave a comment