Shipping and Payment Options
We have various options to work around some of the challenges of shipping during this season!
- United States customers: Orders are being shipped with DHL international express tracking to Los Angeles, and then from L.A. we are sending each package out by U.S. first class mail with tracking numbers. We will send you your domestic tracking number when your package is on its way from the L.A. area. Please allow 7-14 days on average for processing and shipping. U.S. orders will be sent out from our workshop approximately once per week. $19 for orders up to $360. $30 for orders of $360 and over.
- Japan customers: Our shipping policy in Japan remains unchanged: Regular airmail (no tracking number nor insurance): free. Usually takes 1-3 days for airmail within Japan. Yu-Pak ($8) insured Japanese mail, usually takes 1-2 days.
- Military customers living in Japan: Please provide us with your Japanese address to avoid the more expensive U.S. shipping charges. Here is a "cheat sheet" to help you write out your Japanese address.
Customers in other countries: For customers in countries to which Japan is able to ship, right now we are only using EMS (Express Mail Service). Some of the countries where we currently can send our packages include: Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom, Hong Kong. Please check Japan's most current postal system list to determine if your country qualifies for EMS at this point. Normal EMS takes 3-10 business days. (Check here for worldwide service estimated times). Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, orders may take longer, and EMS/Nozomi Project cannot guarantee the arrival time of your orders. Occasionally, packages are delayed in customs for unknown reasons.
Prices for orders up to $360 -- Asia EMS: $13. All other countries: $19.
- If you place an order from a country currently restricted by the Japan Post, we will hold your package until the Japan Post lifts the ban and we are able to resume shipments.
Nozomi Project ships out orders within 1-2 business days on Tuesday through Friday (JST). Orders placed after Friday 2 pm (JST) will be sent out the following Tuesday. Some orders during the holidays may require an extra day for processing. Nozomi Project is closed on most national Japanese holidays. Please note that U.S. orders being shipped by DHL will be sent out approximately once per week.
All orders are wrapped carefully in tissue paper and shipped out in a sturdy cardboard box, with your favorite Nozomi items each enclosed in a beautiful suede gift bag with hand-signed Nozomi description cards. For any items indicated as gifts, we will remove the price tag and include a gift receipt that does not include the price. If you'd like a note enclosed with the gift, please write your note in the comments section of your cart.
Upon checkout there is an area for you to fill in your desired shipping address. Please note we can only send an order to one address.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are currently only shipping to Japanese addresses. Please use your Japanese address when placing an order, and check that your base receives packages shipped via Japan Post.
For orders to be shipped directly to the gift recipient, please check the gift checkbox upon checking out. For any order so indicated, we will automatically remove the price tag and include a gift receipt that does not include the price. All of our items are sent out in an elegant blue suede bag. If you would like a note included, please write this in the comments section as well and we will include the note with the items.
We have on occasion heard of import taxes on products in particular sent to the United Kingdom (see a helpful website here), Hawaii (US), France, and Canada. To our understanding, it is often at the discretion of individual customs officers and does not seem to be consistent. We apologize that we cannot be responsible for import taxes to the various countries where we send our products.
There are several options. We have a Japanese website, www.nozomiproject.jp. If you have a credit card or Paypal account, these will work fine and your credit card company will do the yen conversion for you if necessary. If you want your order sent to an address different than your mailing address, please make a note of the alternate shipping address in the comment section. Those living in Japan can also pay by postal money order, or 銀行振り込み(ゆうちょ銀行). Choose this option when you check out. Then please pay at the post office or a convenience store within two business days. We will ship your order once we receive notice of payment. We will need to cancel your order if we do not receive payment within five days of when you placed the order.
Here is the information you need to make a postal payment:ゆうちょ銀行へのお振込
記号: 18120 番号: 36894331 口座名：ノゾミプロジェクト
店名：八一八（ハチイチハチ） 店番：818 普通預金 口座番号：3689433 口座名：ノゾミプロジェクト
Address: Nozomi Project 〒９８６−２１３５ 宮城県石巻市 渡波 字下榎壇１４２－６
(English: Watanoha Aza Shimo Enokidan 142-6 Ishinomaki-shi, Miyagi ken 986-2135)
At Nozomi Project, customer satisfaction is our goal! To ensure your satisfaction, we offer a generous guarantee, return, and replacement policy.
Gift recipients can get store credit by following our return policy below. Our extended holiday return policy includes all purchases made from November 1 through December 31, and may be returned within 45 days or by January 31, whichever date is later. We do not accept returns on following items: Nozomi Project gift cards, outlet items, and Christmas ornaments.
- The returned item must be without damage, in its original packaging, and include the receipt.
- The returned item must be received within 45 days of date of purchase.
- Customer will pay for the return shipping costs and ensure that it is packaged sufficiently (i.e. with bubble wrap) to prevent damage in-transit. (Please understand that if the return package is not insured, we cannot be responsible if it does not arrive). Return address is below.
- We will credit the original cost of your item to the credit card used during purchase.
All pottery is fragile, and needs to be handled with care to avoid chipping or breaking. Please keep your Nozomi product dry and away from heat, cold, and chemicals. If the shard should come loose from its mounting, you can reapply it with epoxy or send it back to us and we will repair it for free. Please note the customer is responsible for sending shipping costs but we will pay for the shipping to return it to you. For lost or broken pendant pieces, we are happy to replace it with a similar pottery pendant. (Because each piece is unique, we cannot match pendant designs, colors, or shapes exactly). Please use the shipping information below to return it and/or email us a photo (email@example.com).
We will replace other Nozomi jewelry parts (chains, wire, clasps, leather, etc.) broken through normal wear that have been purchased within one year. For items purchased more than one year previously, we are happy to repair your jewelry for a fair cost. Please follow instructions below for returned jewelry.
We stand by our products and want you to be happy with your Nozomi purchases. Please let us know how we are doing!
Why do some of the sides of the pottery turn brown?
Some types of pottery will turn brown on the sides after grinding and cleaning. This aging is a natural result of certain kinds of broken pottery exposed to the air and the oils on your skin. Please be assured that each piece has been properly cleaned! We love even these little-seen reminders that there is beauty in brokenness.
- Please keep your one-of-a-kind necklace in the enclosed ziploc bag when it's not being worn. Please handle your necklace carefully to avoid chipping or breaking. For wire-wrapped necklaces: all wire, while firm, can be bent. Please avoid scenarios that can crush or catch the delicate wire-wrapped jewelry (beware of woven sweaters, scarves, etc. that may “catch” your necklace).
- Avoid direct sunlight, excessive heat/cold, or areas with extreme temperature changes (i.e. near windows, vents, or ducts).
- Your special piece is handmade; please do not pull or tug on jewelry parts.
- Avoid perfumes, makeup, hairspray, harsh chemicals or household cleaners.
- Remove when applying hairspray, perfume, chlorine, lotion or any skincare/makeup.
- Please keep away from moisture. Do not swim wearing jewelry.
No. Ishinomaki is three hours north of Fukushima and is NOT in the radiation zone so there are no concerns about radioactive materials.
Nope! We are incredibly thankful for the hundreds of volunteers who helped gather and clean pottery found along the Ishinomaki coast. Believe it or not, we are still finding broken pottery, though it isn't as prevalent as it was earlier. We have many, many crates stacked in a shed behind the Nozomi workshop. In addition, we also have a local second-hand store that saves broken pottery for us. There are still people only now going through their possessions from the earthquake/tsunami and bringing it into the store. They are donating to us the broken/unusable dishes that they receive. Friends in our local community sometimes bring us their items to be upcycled, as well.
Our working hours are Tuesday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm. We are closed for lunch (noon – 1pm) and on most Japanese holidays.
We love visitors! Because we sometimes have special circumstances where we are not open, please contact us in advance to schedule your visit. In light of COVID-19, we are taking necessary precautions for all visitors (wearing masks, sanitizing hands, limiting number of visitors, etc.). Please contact us to schedule a tour: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0225-90-4024.
Proceeds and donations received go to the Nozomi Project women and the continuation of the Nozomi Project. In addition, we donate some of our profits each year to organizations making a difference to people in need. Any additional questions can be sent to us at email@example.com
Shimo Enokidan 142-6 Watanoha-Aza, Ishinomaki-shi Miyagi-ken 986-2135 JAPAN
Phone (within Japan): 022-590-4024 (Staff are available Tuesday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm)
Phone (outside Japan): 011-81-225-90-4024